4 Tomatoes (grated)
5 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
½ Tsp Tomato Paste or Pepper Paste
1 Sugar Cube
1 Tbsp Grape Vinegar
1-½ Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Wash and grate tomatoes.
- Finely chop all garlic cloves.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat, add chopped garlic and cook for 1 minutes until softened.
- Then add grated tomatoes in a pan and cook until start boiling. When all mixture is boiling, add ½ teaspoon of tomato paste/pepper paste and mix it. Bring it to boil, then reduce to simmer until needed (max.10 minutes), stirring regularly.
- Now you can add salt, sugar cube and black pepper. Bring it to boil up to 10-15 minutes.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and mix it.
- When all mixture comes to sauce consistency, it is ready, and you can serve it.
Note: All sauce can be served on top or just next to the köfte. You can adjust amount of salt, pepper and sugar according to your own taste.